Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried making the fog lights work or stay on with the running lights? The current configuration only allows the fog lights to work with the head lights. My MDX and 2 Tahoe's before this car had fog running lights. Actually, the Tahoe's allowed the fog lights to turn on independently. Anyway, I've just been told by a garage that it's not possible bc there's too many moduals in the wiring. Anyone try to do this and make it work?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Has anyone tried making the fog lights work or stay on with the running lights? The current configuration only allows the fog lights to work with the head lights. My MDX and 2 Tahoe's before this car had fog running lights. Actually, the Tahoe's allowed the fog lights to turn on independently. Anyway, I've just been told by a garage that it's not possible bc there's too many moduals in the wiring. Anyone try to do this and make it work?
I looked into doing this on my Pilot but gave up, as all exterior lighting is controlled by the "lighting module"(think computer). I was able to do it on my 2013 Civic, but on a lot of the newer cars it's no longer as simple as a switch, wired to a fused relay, to the lights. The only possible way would be to disconnect the current power lead to the fogs, run a new switch, to a relay to the fog lights with power coming from a switched(engine running) source. I wasn't willing to do that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I used some of the Hella Harnesses Attention Required! | Cloudflare on many cars. Just need to be a bit creative. I always triggered mine from a parking light lead so they wouldn't be left on accidentally. Finding factory connectors to plug in to lights also makes it easier and swap back if wanted. I've also done where i just a ground wire from the relay to switch. If it ever shorted, worst case the lights would turn on. I've had extra and driving lights on all my cars and parents cars back into the mid '70's and I installed many sets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts