Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
the OEMs look way beeter than the after market....they have a real nice snug fit...but then they cost more....
IMHO if you can afford the OEMS go for it

·
Registered
224 Posts
It looks OK! I like the Honda running board than the other one. Coz the assembly bracket and mounting bolts are tapped, pre-fitted already. You dont have to drilled any hole. I dont know about the aftermarket one. Check this site for the installation of the running board.

www.handa-accessories.com price and installation instruction

www.manchesterhonda.com price only.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
chingon said:
Thanks guys, that's what I tought the OEM look better I thing I will just spend a little more.
Better hop on over to the group buy "specials" page at hondacuraworld.com, the group buy price of $357.75 (+$2 handling) is only good through Thursday, April 24.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The aftermarket one is at least $100 cheaper. However, there is a mounting bolts position issue. At least one hole you need to drill by yourself, and that scares me. On the other hand, you are driving a $30k something truck, do you really care the $100 defference on the running board?

Anyway, after a long wait and weigh, I ordered mine from Tim yesterday. And hurry, if you do want the factory one, Tim's grope buy will be ended on Thursday, April 24th.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally ordered my boards from the group buy "specials" page Honda Acura at 357.00 including shipping to Los Angeles County, not bad at all. I hope they don't add other charges later. It's a really good price.

What happens if the seller do not reach the minimum # of orders for a gourp buy, do they just cancell all our orders?

Thank guys for your suggestions.

Pilot Red EXL only

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
chingon said:
I finally ordered my boards from the group buy "specials" page Honda Acura at 357.00 including shipping to Los Angeles County, not bad at all. I hope they don't add other charges later. It's a really good price.

What happens if the seller do not reach the minimum # of orders for a gourp buy, do they just cancell all our orders?

Pilot Red EXL only
there will not be any additonal charges...tim is good at customer service...

also ytour order is in...it will not be cancelled...:2:

·
Registered
128 Posts
chingon said:

Pilot Red EXL only
Once you placed your order, the board is yours. However, as you may notice, there is a $2 handling fee which is stated upfront before you pay. So, don't jump off the board when you see this. :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
We went with the Honda Running Boards. Perfect fit since it was made specifically for the Pilot. And even though it may never be an issue, it is covered by Honda warranty.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Have you consider steps?

After market ones aren't look much different then OEM yet about $200 cheaper. Just two tubes sit on top of brackets.

·
Registered
393 Posts
JDensPilot said:
I just purchased the running boards through the group buy. I live in San Jose, how long does it usually take for it to ship.
Hey JDensPilot,

You're the first I've heard in San Jose. Probably seen you around. What color is your Pilot? I live in Campbell just off Hwy 17 and the 280 junction. You live around there?

It took about a week when I ordered my cargo tray from hondacura.com.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi chingon!

It's a matter of personal preference with the running boards. I like them both...I opted for an aftermarket brand because I didn't want my Pilot to look like all the others in Reno that have the OEM boards.

It is sort of like a wheel preference....what looks great to one is not the right choice for the next guy or gal.

Don't be afraid to choose the one you think looks the best to you. I think quality varries only a bit from brand to brand.

Here is our Pilot with the boards we chose..

Don

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts