Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on picking up our Pilot tomorrow and I will be ordering either side steps or running boards from one of the online vendors mentioned on this website. Does anyone know the real differences between the two? - they are similar in price and they do not look all that different from the pics online.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey jeck4... Welcome an congrats on your Pilot pick-up tomorrow! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

I have the running boards. I liked them better than the side steps for my situation because they're just one long piece. The side steps are also one piece but have "stepping" places. I think the side steps have a different 'look' than the running boards but both are WAY COOL! One may stick out further than the other too. Maybe someone will post and confirm this one way or another.

Be sure to post your Pilot info in havasu's Vin Table thread...

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=921

Have fun tomorrow and Safe Piloting! :29:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
This has been discussed a few times so a search might be helpfull.

The Running Boards are relitivly flat extruded alluminum pieces with plastic end caps. They run almost the length of the side from wheel well to wheel well. They fit tight to the body.

These look much like what you see standards on many SUVs (Explorers, etc.)

The Side Steps are round Aluminum tubes that are flattened under each door with a plastic step pad. They are slightly shorter than the wheel well to wheel well length. They have a small gap between the tube and the body.

These look much like a number of aftermarket Step Tubes seen on "Sport Trucks". (I think the Honda ones are nicer than most)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Very funny

Maybe running boards for the winter and side steps for the summer.
Just change them when you change your tires.

OR

On set on each side, but would the steps go on the right or the left?
:2: :2:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
So jeck4...

Did you decide? How's the new Pilot? Probably still out crusin'. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Side Steps

I purchased polished stainless step bars made by Manik. They are about the same price and to me look much better than the factory bars or steps. If you want to see them...go to the gallery and look for the" LX Customized". Installation was about an hour. Pilotguy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Post Pics of White with Boards

Any white EX owners with boards that can post pics? Older Than Dirt was kind enough to do this for side steps. But I still can't decide on boards or steps. It sure seems like the boards would help keep the lower half cleaner (especially this time of year). Both are in group buys soon, I hope. Merry xmas to me.:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
How about this one? I kinda like the running boards with color matched trim....this isn't on an SUV but....

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts