Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference?

Seriously, I am going to have to get one or the other, and not being an accessory person, I don't know what the difference is.

I thought the Pilot was low enough to the ground for me, but I am just a little too short. It isn't as great of a jump up as it would be in a truck-based SUV, but I don't want to have to reach everytime I get in. Also, my 4 year old grabs the net on the back of the driver's seat to pull himself up, and I cringe everytime he does it.

( I know this is supposed to be a thread area comparing vehicles, but this is where I thought the question fit best.)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Personal opinion, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I was more partial to the running boards becuase of the complete look they give. They actually rest right against the side of the vehicle with a rubber piece. They are very solid as well and my kids went nuts when I put 'their' steps on the vehicle. (They are 3 and 5.)

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Side steps

We went with the side steps. My wife liked the sportier look and she thinks they maybe easier to clean. They are nice thick aluminium, powder coated (I think) with plastic/rubber steps.

My wife observed at the dealer that with the running boards, it rubbed her leg while getting out if you chose not to step on it. That pretty much sealed the deal for her I think.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also purchased the side steps and have absolutely no regrets.

I have a three year old who can get in and out of the car all by himself and I happen to like the look of them a little better than the running boards. I also think that they will be easier to keep clean because of the holes in them. With winter fast approaching, the accumulation of snow, sand and water will just fall through them as opposed to just sitting there and getting tracked into the car. Just my humble opinion.

Good luck.:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Steps vs Boards

Side Steps give more of a rugged 4WD vehicle, Running Boards are solid and look like a complete long step that seals right up to the side of the vehicle. The steps let you see behind the steps and side of the vehicle, they look more Baja like, and the Boards look more like City vehicles.

Decide which are best, the both look great and are very useful!!!!!

:7:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
The running boards do a better job keeping drit off the sides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts