Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends...

Just thought I would share my experience with my new running boards. These are the boards you may have seen on E-Bay for about $230.00 a pair complete.

I figured I might be able to save a few bucks on the OEM boards and that would allow me to buy some other cool stuff I want/need.

They ship pretty fast from Florida and bolt up really nice. They use all the factory threaded holes except one and they fit really tight and I think...look good too.

Here is a picture for you to check out...

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Close...but...

Your fast kemosabe but the boards I picked up are these Lighted Running Boards

We opted for the non lighted ones...just cuz we thought the lighted were a bit too much for our tastes.

Don

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Close...but...

dandbtucker said:
Your fast kemosabe but the boards I picked up are these Lighted Running Boards

We opted for the non lighted ones...just cuz we thought the lighted were a bit too much for our tastes.

Don
Gotcha!!! The conservative look is good, too!!! They look pretty sharp on the MDX in that E-Bay ad, also... :4: What's next on the accessory list??? :confused:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next...

Kemosabe...

The all weather mats are coming tomorrow from the group buy!

Then I am thinking about those fog lights I have seen on a couple of the rides of members Pilots.

Don

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Next...

dandbtucker said:
Kemosabe...

The all weather mats are coming tomorrow from the group buy!

Then I am thinking about those fog lights I have seen on a couple of the rides of members Pilots.

Don
Get the Fog Lights. They are fantastic. They are made by Ray Brig. Well known through out the car racing industry. The lights fill up the ditches and give very even illumination.

I first had them on my 99 Accord. Then When I traded it in for a 2001 Accord, they switched to Sylvania. Terrible lighting compared to the RayBrigs. Now the Brigs are back on the Pilot. Well worth the money if you do any amount of night driving.:)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Re: Next...

91Octane said:

Get the Fog Lights. They are fantastic. They are made by Ray Brig. Well known through out the car racing industry. The lights fill up the ditches and give very even illumination.

I first had them on my 99 Accord. Then When I traded it in for a 2001 Accord, they switched to Sylvania. Terrible lighting compared to the RayBrigs. Now the Brigs are back on the Pilot. Well worth the money if you do any amount of night driving.:)

Ditto! The fog lights are GREAT! Wouldn't be without 'em! :4:

·
Registered
47 Posts
dandbtucker,

Did you install the running boards yourself? How difficult was it and how long did it take?

·
Registered
128 Posts
dandbtucker,

If I remember correctly, someone on this board bought the same running board as you mentioned. However, he has some concerns about the missing bolt position.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installation...

Regarding the missing bolt position...

The rear most bolt location is the one talked about. You have to drill out an existing hole just a bit (they give you the drill size) to make way for what they call a "Tera - Wai"..at least I think that was the way it is spelled. The Tera Wai is put into the drilled out hole to locate a nut on the blind side of the belly pan. It was easy to do this...but I should add that considering the entire installation process this is the one area I am checking weekly. I am going to continure to check just to make sure the Tera Wai will not come loose.

The other bolts are placed directly into existing threaded areas (factory) so I have complete faith in these.

Any other questions or if you need clarification just let me know.

Don

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Install Time!

I think the installation took me about three hours total. It took that long because I judged the adjustment of the mounting brackets wrong and had to take them down and remount them..

No big deal, just time consuming to re-mount.

After a couple of weeks still no problems..

Don

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks dandbtucker,

That helps alot. I am starting to weigh between the factory board and this board now.

:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone else have non-OEM boards? The price is very attractive.

·
Registered
196 Posts
cat14 said:
Anyone else have non-OEM boards? The price is very attractive.
I just got a set from runningboardfactory.com. They're made by Accra, to fit the factory mounting points. They were only $269 w/free shipping! A friend is going to help me install them tomorrow (weather permitting). I'll post pix and details ASAP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello tledjaz,

Once you have installed the board, could you please post your experience here. I am also interested in installing the running board myself, but first I wish to know how hard it is to install it my self. Dealer is asking $700 for the boards + installation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tledjazz,

Did they fit the existing holes? Someone else talked about some aftermarket boards, but one of the holes didn't match up. If all the holes match up, then I'll probably get them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts