Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would one care to share if they feel the sidesteps are sturdier compared to the running boards or vice versa? My main concern being the running boards are flat vs. the sidestep tubular shape.

After reviewing the installation instructions, they both have the same 3 under body connection points which makes me wonder about sturdiness of the front and back -end of the running boards.

Any insight?

Sage - Don't worry... I'll consider posting my VIN on Havasu's chart. :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
HONDER said:
Would one care to share if they feel the sidesteps are sturdier compared to the running boards or vice versa? My main concern being the running boards are flat vs. the sidestep tubular shape.

After reviewing the installation instructions, they both have the same 3 under body connection points which makes me wonder about sturdiness of the front and back -end of the running boards.

Any insight?

Sage - Don't worry... I'll consider posting my VIN on Havasu's chart. :)

LOL Honder! At least I know I'm getting the msg across. :D
But being the un-official Welcome Wagon does have it's pitfalls.

I have the running boards and they are very sturdy. Can't comment on the Side Steps but I'm sure others will.
Check out the pic on the front page of GL JONES and his troopers. Looks like alot of weight on those running boards.

Be sure to... OOPS! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Star Wars

Sage - Just giving you a hard time. :)

BTW, the pic of the Storm Troopers and the Pilot, I noticed they are standing on Side Steps. Just a FYI...

Thanks for the input about the running boards.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Star Wars

HONDER said:
Sage - Just giving you a hard time. :)

BTW, the pic of the Storm Troopers and the Pilot, I noticed they are standing on Side Steps. Just a FYI...

Thanks for the input about the running boards.
Oh! Those are the side steps? Thanks... Guess that answers your question. Running boards would hold them also. :cool:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Side Steps

I have the side steps and find them very sturdy. I self-installed them and found the way they attached to the Pilot and the overall quality of the step to be excellent.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The running boards hold 200lbs at every washing. They look good so far. Having had the hands on to install them I'd give them my vote of confidence for being sturdy. (The mounting brackets we very heavy and attached solidly to the frame.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts