Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the Pilots we are considering on the lot has unwanted running boards. The dealership has offered to "throw them in for free". They are not lighted. Can I remove them easily? Will they leave exposed points susceptible to weather/rust?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One of the Pilots we are considering on the lot has unwanted running boards. The dealership has offered to "throw them in for free". They are not lighted. Can I remove them easily? Will they leave exposed points susceptible to weather/rust?

Thanks for your help.
No rust spot attached to the molding.. nouts and bolts add on connection

Here the link for an installation reveiw so de installation should be the reverse click below
Honda pilot running board

·
Registered
144 Posts
I hate dealer installed crap. Just give me a clean car please. Don't stick on some stupid chrome trim piece on the mirror and then want people 6o pay 250 bucks because you ghettoed their car

·
Registered
128 Posts
On my '19, the running boards are secured to the under side in 3 places and there are 6 bolts on each side.

Total removal time would be 30 minutes or so just depends how many beers you open and how far your fridge is from where you're working.

If you're doing it in your garage or driveway, save a few Amazon boxes to open and lay flat as it makes it easier for you to slide around on your back.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Take pictures of them on vehicle, then after you remove them. Post them up on classifieds and gets some cash from a member who might be looking for them. If factory Honda they are probably like $300. $150 gets a member a great deal and you and wife can go to decent dinner.

And grab a can of Fluid Film from Lowes and spray the holes the bolts came out from and where brackets were touching in case paint got worn OR you want o add some in the future. The bolts took off paint inside threads that will rust up eventually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts