Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Pilot Touring and added the black running boards with lights when I purchase new in 2010. I started having an issue with my electrical system and my husband linked it back to the lights in my running boards. When he took the cover off they were all rusted and wet inside which caused the short and this terrible burning smell when the car was on.

Has anyone else had any problems with theirs doing this? I was surprised they were better built to prevent water from getting in to cause this. I've always had a honda and this is my first Pilot, but to be honest I haven't been happy with the quality this go round. The rubber door moldings are cracking and tearing along with paint spots rusting on my car.

The quality just doesn't appear to be what it used to be?

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,667 Posts
If I recall correctly running boards are dealer installed accessories and not Honda factory installed so issue could have been caused by shoddy installation. Either way I would replace as much of the wiring as possible, make sure the inside of the tube is dry, then screw things back together using sealant to make it watertight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts