Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a 2019 Pilot EX-L shortly. I'm wondering if anyone has run smaller tires and can advise on any issues? I've done so in the past on older Subaru's without much issue, just the speedo adjustment. I have 235/65/17 in good condition from my Odyssey, so ideally I'd grab some new 17" wheels and use these till their done.

I believe it's a -5% diameter difference. Am I asking for trouble with the AWD system or transmission etc?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm picking up a 2019 Pilot EX-L shortly. I'm wondering if anyone has run smaller tires and can advise on any issues? I've done so in the past on older Subaru's without much issue, just the speedo adjustment. I have 235/65/17 in good condition from my Odyssey, so ideally I'd grab some new 17" wheels and use these till their done.

I believe it's a -5% diameter difference. Am I asking for trouble with the AWD system or transmission etc?
Blizzaks in that size are 29.1 inch which is only 0.4 smaller than the stock. Your speedometer will be off very slightly and your MPGs calculation will be off but other than that you won't have any issues as long as all tires are the same size. If you have a warranty from a dealer, run it by them to make sure you will not void it, but i think the difference is too small to affect anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts