Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to modify my pilot FOR more rugged off road USE, NOT just “looks”. I’m not sure of its limitations. Any experienced owners out there that’s modified their pilot for rugged terrain use out there please point me in the right direction.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,313 Posts
There some modified Pilots out there….

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Check out the member:
HOndaPilotOverland? Grear video and some great 'offroading mods' for the Pilots

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I’m looking to modify my pilot FOR more rugged off road USE, NOT just “looks”. I’m not sure of its limitations. Any experienced owners out there that’s modified their pilot for rugged terrain use out there please point me in the right direction.
I like modifying my Pilot for light duty off road trails but I’m kinda stuck at your statement “FOR more rugged off road USE”. The AWD system is robust but was primarily designed for slippery on pavement obstacles. Aftermarket support for off road usage is nearly non existent so be prepared for custom or DIY design and work. Check out those videos that demonstrate what a Pilot may be capable of but also be prepared for repairs and down time. I’m rooting for your desire to use your Pilot but the term rugged points me to vehicles like the 4Runner or Wrangler etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I agree with comments above, Pilot can handle some overlanding with the right wheels/tires and 2-3 inch lift. It's not meant for anything more than that.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
If anything, I'd want a skid plate first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts