Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed my RPM seem to bounce between 1200-1500 RPM when driving down side roads around 35 MPH. Any idea what this could be? I just had to replace a couple of O2 sensors. I noticed it a little before they were replaced, but seem to noticed much more now

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same issue. If I gas it and accelerate quickly, it doesn’t happen, but a normal smooth acceleration and it does. I don’t know what the deal is?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Do you have the Honda or the ZF transmission? If your rpm drops from 1500 to 1200 and stays there, perhaps this is normal torque converter lockup? Or maybe your transmission is upshifting/downshifting at that speed and load.

·
Super Moderator
15,245 Posts
Do you have the Honda or the ZF transmission? If your rpm drops from 1500 to 1200 and stays there, perhaps this is normal torque converter lockup? Or maybe your transmission is upshifting/downshifting at that speed and load.
the EXL is the Honda six speed transmission. If you are noticing a flutter in the rpm, sounds like the first gen transmission switch issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts