Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 touring awd. Planning on doing most of my maintenance. I like to keep track using the fuelio app. Anyone use the aem dryflow reusable air filter? If so pros/cons. I've also used fumoto drain valves on my vehicles. Theres a list for the 2017 mdx and 2016 pilot but not a 2017. What changes were made if any?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
2017 touring awd. Anyone use the aem dryflow reusable air filter? If so pros/cons.
You can buy 4-5 conventional air filters for about the price of one reusable air filter.
So, the break-even cost point won't be reached until 150K-180K miles.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
2017 touring awd. Planning on doing most of my maintenance. I like to keep track using the fuelio app. Anyone use the aem dryflow reusable air filter? If so pros/cons. I've also used fumoto drain valves on my vehicles. Theres a list for the 2017 mdx and 2016 pilot but not a 2017. What changes were made if any?
While a AEM or K&N are washable, it's a known fact that there high air flow is simply because they do not prevent the fine dust particles from entering your engine. Great at the race track. Bad for everyday use. Especially if your in a dust prone area. I appreciated this video on the subject.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
The two biggest cons to reusable air filters is cost, and cleaning/drying time. Usually around 6-8 hours total.

Spent a lifetime of using reusable air filters in farm equipment and we always had two filters on hand for every machine. One was always clean and ready to use and one was in use. During harvest you don't have 6-8 hours to clean and dry a filter when we often are ruing 18 + hours a days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts