Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just traded my ‘11 Pilot for a 2016 EXL AWD with 53k miles. FYI I do NOT have Honda Sensing. I have a little Powertrain left. I am thinking of buying the credit union’s Route 66 breakdown plan. It’s pretty darned good. It will cost about $1850 (which I would finance) and covers literally everything the manufacturer warranty covered, excepting some wear and tear items and a few other things. It also includes the touch screen system. Here is the plan language. Would you buy it? I plan to drive normally and will prob keep the car 2-4 years. Best part is it is prorated refundable so I would only pay for what I used of the 4/48 warranty. Really appreciate your advice. I don’t normally do extended warranties but I used to lease.
Additional coverage for included electronics language:
“GPS / Navigation Components, Key Fob repair or replacement with exchange, Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Screens, DVD Players, Satellite Radios, MP3 Enabled Radios, Stereos, Back-up / Reverse Sensors, Rearview Back-up Camera, Side Mirror Camera, Rearview Mirror Camera, Collision Avoidance, Lane Departure Warning System, and Driver Assist Systems. Coverage excludes any damage from contaminants, liquids, dirt, dust, foreign objects, fire, theft, vandalism, abuse, broken or scratched camera lens, misuse, or neglect.
The above EEP COVERAGE is limited only to the “base unit” and does not cover any remote controls, hand-held controls, wiring, game cartridges, headphones, DVD’s, Updates, MP3 Players, or any other non-listed parts for the EEP items above.”

exclusions:
“ITEMS NOT COVERED: Any normal maintenance item including tires, wheels, struts, shocks, brake shoes or pads, rotors or drums, belts, hoses, filters, fluids, lubricants, clutch, pressure plate or clutch release bearing and tune-up items. Exhaust or emission parts, sound reproduction components, collision avoidance, lane departure warning system, driver assist systems and safety restraint systems, lighting, wiring, telephone, clock, television and navigation equipment. Any body parts, interior parts, trim, glass, paint, air bag system and keyless entry/anti-theft.”

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all. I just traded my ‘11 Pilot for a 2016 EXL AWD with 53k miles. FYI I do NOT have Honda Sensing. I have a little Powertrain left. I am thinking of buying the credit union’s Route 66 breakdown plan. It’s pretty darned good. It will cost about $1850 (which I would finance) and covers literally everything the manufacturer warranty covered, excepting some wear and tear items and a few other things. It also includes the touch screen system. Here is the plan language. Would you buy it? I plan to drive normally and will prob keep the car 2-4 years. Best part is it is prorated refundable so I would only pay for what I used of the 4/48 warranty. Really appreciate your advice. I don’t normally do extended warranties but I used to lease.
Additional coverage for included electronics language:
“GPS / Navigation Components, Key Fob repair or replacement with exchange, Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Screens, DVD Players, Satellite Radios, MP3 Enabled Radios, Stereos, Back-up / Reverse Sensors, Rearview Back-up Camera, Side Mirror Camera, Rearview Mirror Camera, Collision Avoidance, Lane Departure Warning System, and Driver Assist Systems. Coverage excludes any damage from contaminants, liquids, dirt, dust, foreign objects, fire, theft, vandalism, abuse, broken or scratched camera lens, misuse, or neglect.
The above EEP COVERAGE is limited only to the “base unit” and does not cover any remote controls, hand-held controls, wiring, game cartridges, headphones, DVD’s, Updates, MP3 Players, or any other non-listed parts for the EEP items above.”

exclusions:
“ITEMS NOT COVERED: Any normal maintenance item including tires, wheels, struts, shocks, brake shoes or pads, rotors or drums, belts, hoses, filters, fluids, lubricants, clutch, pressure plate or clutch release bearing and tune-up items. Exhaust or emission parts, sound reproduction components, collision avoidance, lane departure warning system, driver assist systems and safety restraint systems, lighting, wiring, telephone, clock, television and navigation equipment. Any body parts, interior parts, trim, glass, paint, air bag system and keyless entry/anti-theft.”
Hi Reba,
You are a smart person. You are planning to buy Extended Warranty. It is very much needed for this 2016 Pilot. I’ve a 2016 Pilot. At 52500 mikes in Aug’ 2019, the fuel system injector failed and was out of reg warranty. I had to pay $1265 from my pocket. Fuel system injector should really last the life of a car. Unfortunately, Honda is not covering, even though a good number of 2016 pilots are having this issue. I immediately bought extended warranty from Honda dealership and I’m covered for 4yr/48000 miles. It’s always best to have extended warranty on new Honda cars/suvs as they are not reliable anymore as they used to be. For reliability information of all cars, see this link.

Honda is nowhere near the top in reliability ratings

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Reba,
You are a smart person. You are planning to buy Extended Warranty. It is very much needed for this 2016 Pilot. I’ve a 2016 Pilot. At 52500 mikes in Aug’ 2019, the fuel system injector failed and was out of reg warranty. I had to pay $1265 from my pocket. Fuel system injector should really last the life of a car. Unfortunately, Honda is not covering, even though a good number of 2016 pilots are having this issue. I immediately bought extended warranty from Honda dealership and I’m covered for 4yr/48000 miles. It’s always best to have extended warranty on new Honda cars/suvs as they are not reliable anymore as they used to be. For reliability information of all cars, see this link.

Honda is nowhere near the top in reliability ratings
Thank you. I found a great deal on a mechanical breakdown plan even better than the one I posted above and I am refinancing. It’s going to cost me less than $15 a month and I’ll be covered up to 125,000 miles or six years with no deductible. It includes just about everything except consumables and it’s considered factory type coverage. It even covers things like key fob replacement and Paintless Dent Removal. Thank you for the feedback. Good luck with your Pilot. I really love mine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts