Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanna see if anyone else has this issue before I present it to the dealership.

Vehicle: 2021 Pilot SE FWD w/ 3200 miles
Issue: Engine exhibits what I interpret as a miss, or stumble, at idle when at operating temperature. More prominent when ambient temps are higher
Description: Happens at irregular intervals, from every second to every few seconds. Tachometer visibly moves, shudder is felt throughout the vehicle, occasionally is enough to cause the vehicle to lurch a bit
Notes: Has exhibited this behavior since new. Vehicle drives and accelerates perfectly normal. I initially thought it was the a/c compressor cycling on and off, however this happens at very irregular and typically frequent intervals (unlike every a/c compressor I’ve observed operate, which is many over the years)

Anyone experience this before? I’ve searched the forum and only found a couple threads with a similar issue, none of which had a resolution.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Maybe bad gas, try another vender, top-tier preferred.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve tried gasoline from multiple vendors, including Shell, Chevron/Texaco, QuikTrip, all with the same result.

Original post edited to note that the issue has been present since the vehicle was new.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Queue NailGrease claiming VCM issues and/or a bad engine mount.

That's what I would guess: Jittery RPMs, Prominent when the engine is warmed up, shaking vehicle all are negative side effects from VCM.

If you had a cylinder miss on a regular basis, for example, from a failing coil, that CEL would come on super fast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Queue NailGrease claiming VCM issues and/or a bad engine mount.

That's what I would guess: Jittery RPMs, Prominent when the engine is warmed up, shaking vehicle all are negative side effects from VCM.

If you had a cylinder miss on a regular basis, for example, from a failing coil, that CEL would come on super fast.
S-VCM was installed approximately 1,000 miles ago with no change in idle behavior

·
Registered
753 Posts
Its a new car. I’d let Honda figure it out. If you really want to I’d hook it up to a good scan tool and data log it… but really… I’d just drop it off and tell them to call me when it’s fixed - that’s the luxury of buying new and it won’t last forever. Might as well enjoy it while ya can.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Ac cycling?
reggardless, its Honda's problem. Keep us updated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts