Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for the best rotors and brakes for Pilot 2011
The oem ones are not good and the rotors don't last even a year and they warp.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got the powerstop 1 click kit for both axles. They've been very good so far, my only complaint is the rotors don't come with any coating so they surface ruse pretty quickly in the non-contact areas.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I agree the stock rotors are garbage but most "warping" Is pad deposits and can be worked off. Warping can happen but mostly due to cheap rotors and over tightening the wheels and whatever else.

That being said First time around i went with OEM pads and Centric rotors. Second time used akebono pads which are said to be the OE manufacturer and raybestoes rotors.

Either one of them mixed together has my vote.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I installed Akebono pads and Centric Premium rotors last summer. So far, so good, and the rust coating on the rotors has held up well to the winter road salt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had rotors and pads replaced in Jan. 18'. A year later, I took them back because I was getting a lot of pulsing. Shop said the parts were under warranty and so they swapped them out. I made the mistake of not asking what brand but here we are, 10 months later, and its pulsing again. Do you think I could try just changing the pads to see if that eliminates the pulsing? Sounds like Akebono is the way to go? Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
My factory rotors and pads went bad fairly soon after I bought the car new. I installed a set of Duralast rotors and pads which worked a bit better but still got vibrations not long after. I replaced those with the cheapest uncoated Centric rotors and Centric Premium Ceramic pads and they've been good for the last 50K miles. Only now am I starting to get a slight vibration under light braking at high speed.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the Centric ceramic pads and rotors again, but I'd get the coated version of the rotors next time. However I am considering the Raybestos R300 rotors and pads next time. Those weird slots might help prevent uneven pad deposits, or at least that's the theory.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Our rotors were slightly "warped" when we bought the car, it was a 2011 purchased in 2014. I replaced the pads and rotors in 2016 as it was just getting worse. We used Raybestos 980566R rotors (from RockAuto) with OEM pads (from Ebay - sold by a Honda dealer so not counterfeit). We have zero complaints and no issues. The rotors were less than $30 each.

If I needed to do it again, I'd buy the POWER STOP KOE5370 kit. I have had good luck with their OE replacement kits with ceramic pads and Autospecialty rotors, and they are an incredible value at under $100 for the entire kit.

POWER STOP CRK5370 for a coated rotor kit for a little more money.
POWER STOP K5370 for drilled and slotted rotors, which I feel is really a waste of money on this vehicle. I have these on my F150 and they are just fine, but they do create an odd pedal sensation when braking from high speeds, which I attribute to the drilled and slotted rotors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts