Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious: How do you folks wash the roof of your Pilot? Do you stand on something, like a chair, ladder, inside the door, or on the back tires?

·
Registered
664 Posts
One of three ways:

1. Originally purchased an ext. sponge and got to the whole roof.

2. Stood in front door and rear door.

3. Got running boards for the Pilot and used those. For the rear someone suggested the rear wheel, that was a great suggestion.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sponge outfit

I actually have a sponge that fits over my body. I park my pickup and Pilot back to back and run out of the box of my pickup and do like a wet bannana across the top of the Pilot. It really gets cold during the cool months but does the roof ever shine.

BOB
:2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Didn't know we had to wash the roof too!!
Has anyone done a study on gas mileage based on the coefficient of drag of a dirty roof versus a clean one?
Bub

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's one of the advantages of being 6'7" you can reach the entire roof from the ground!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you can't see it, how do you know if it's dirty?

Actually, I use a step stool and an extension brush.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I stand on my running boards and I stand on rear tire. If you have roof rack, just grab hold and hoist your way up until you can jump up on rear tire. Once up, just stand on tire... Not a big deal. I can get the entire roof that way.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Climb up on the roof. Just step on front tire onto the hood and then up on top. Real easy once you get on the roof.

·
Registered
119 Posts
autobahn said:
Climb up on the roof. Just step on front tire onto the hood and then up on top. Real easy once you get on the roof.
shortly after take to body shop to remove scratches and dents from hood and roof..........

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think he was kidding......no offense to rainbow because I'm pretty sure such a silly question was a troll. If it's not then darwinism will be at work soon:(

Bub

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Use a mop. Something like this attached to a handle. No stools etc. required.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
pile_it said:
I think he was kidding......no offense to rainbow because I'm pretty sure such a silly question was a troll. If it's not then darwinism will be at work soon:(

Bub

ya, kinda figured.............

·
Registered
797 Posts
pile_it said:

Bub

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Sponge outfit

hilgerone said:
I actually have a sponge that fits over my body. I park my pickup and Pilot back to back and run out of the box of my pickup and do like a wet bannana across the top of the Pilot. It really gets cold during the cool months but does the roof ever shine.

BOB
Hmmm. I guess you won't be investing in any cross bars on your roof rack..... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts