Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Roof Vibration

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  JungleJim 
Toyota

Then you know about the Toyota Highlander. The "buffetting" effect is the only major issue with the Highlander. I experienced myself on a testdrive. It actually HURTS your ears. The salesman would not admit to the problem, until I rolled down the back windows. He pleaded with me to roll them back up.

This was actually one of the reasons I waited for the Pilot. Now I just have to decide between the Highlander and Pilot. (Both great vehicles, IMHO)

eschand said:
Sorry to bring up what appears to be a sore issue. I am a huge Honda fan, wife had a accord, just bought her a CRV and I just bought the Pilot. I love the SUV don't get me wrong but I think its a mistake to call this a non issue. I can think of a dozen reasons those back windows would be open without the front being down and the effect is not acceptable. I have been formally educated and practice the Toyota Motor Production System as a consultant and can tell you this is a major flaw and not something to just shrug off. As a former QC manager in a production setting I can not understand how Honda let this slip through, they have some of the best Design engineers and quality systems in the world.

Earl

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.