Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a roof rack on my pilot 2015 it currently doesn't have anything I don't like the clamping style I really want to mount it solid does anybody have any good ideas tricks or if anybody has done it at all with no leaks

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
What’s wrong with the OEM rack & rails from Honda? 2012-2015 Honda PILOT 5-DOOR Roof Rack 08L02-SZA-110A | BKHonda

If you put a whole in the roof there is a potential for a leak, but if you take tour time and seal it well there should be no issues.

My 2020 Passport came with the rack as did my 2013 pilot. No leaks what so ever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What’s wrong with the OEM rack & rails from Honda? 2012-2015 Honda PILOT 5-DOOR Roof Rack 08L02-SZA-110A | BKHonda

If you put a whole in the roof there is a potential for a leak, but if you take tour time and seal it well there should be no issues.

My 2020 Passport came with the rack as did my 2013 pilot. No leaks what so ever.
I jumped the gun on thinking that I had to put holes in my roof I did some more research it I realize you can pop the covers off the sides of the top and there's mounting bolts there

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Definitely go with the OEM rack. Our Pilot came with the side rails already installed so I just needed to add the cross bars. It's served us well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts