Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I am a new owner of a silver Pilot EX cloth. You have a great forum. I have one question. How hard is it to install the roof rack cross bars? I have heard that you need some kind of special tool. I appreciate any help you all can give me. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's easy, you will need a torx wrench set and a ladder, just be careful working up there, it's easy to slip and make some scratches. if you don't take your time. It took me about a hour. They are a nice accessory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You'll need two torx bits. A size 15 and 30.

Until I bought the Pilot, I had never heard of a factory installed roof rack not having cross bars. Seems odd.

I guess they saved a few bucks by not putting the cross bars and rear mud flaps on. It looks like those are the first accessories everyone buys for the Pilot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The cross bars are very easy so do not worry about them. I would say that after doing them one time I could put them on in less than 10 minutes now. Just rememeber that the end cap slides forward and do not try to pull it off after inserting the screw driver in the opening.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I installed all the accessories on my Pilot. The crossbar is one of the easier installations. The Honda instructions are very well written and easy to follow. The key is what khlex said. Slide off the endcap at the same time you insert a screwdriver in the opening. Do not try and pry it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts