Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the right, front roof molding lifting up away from the roof (see pic). To my horror I discovered that its only held on with double-sided tape where there should be a fastner. In looking online at the parts diagram it's unclear what the fastner part number might be (see 2nd pic, item #2). Any help greatly appreciated!

If this is the wrong forum please forward to the right one.

-JW
2017 Pilot Elite

·
Registered
89 Posts
I find that strange because the older model from 2016-2018 had a clip that the mold would clip on. On my 2019, it has a nut that holds the mold in place. In fact, the OEM rails had spares yellow clips if needed. Did you buy the car used or new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
It should be covered by the TSB, i claimed mine while still in warranty after going to the dealer 4 times since it kept lifting up.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I used this Scotch Mounting Tape (red roll). This stuff sticks like no other. Remove old residue. I used 91% rubbing alcohol to clean surface.

ADDED: 50 or 70% rubbing alcohol will not clean. Must be the good stuff (91%).

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,896 Posts
In these trying times 91% rubbing alcohol may be hard to come by. In leu of the rubbing alcohol you could use this.

95% alcohol plus what you don't use you can imbibe in. Does make the job a bit more fun.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
In these trying times 91% rubbing alcohol may be hard to come by. In leu of the rubbing alcohol you could use this.
View attachment 137205

95% alcohol plus what you don't use you can imbibe in. Does make the job a bit more fun.
It's the oily residue I'm trying to avoid. Never had a bottle of this to try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts