Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Pilot Touring with a roof rack, some how the passenger side front short roof molding has left the building, So I have a New molding to go on and it only had one clip up toward the windshield even though there are two studs close together to hold it on while the back of it goes under the roof rack, Not sure how many clips actually hold it on.. My question is HOW DO I get the clip to press all of the way down flush with the roof??? I have bought 6 clips for extras, because I have destroyed three already have to pull them back off. I put the clip in the trim first each time however it doesn't seem to hold down all the way. I am wondering if I have to squeeze the trim tighter when I put the clip in assuming that the clip is not staying in the track of the molding securely. Any help would be Grateful...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
My experience is with a 2004 but your trim+clip description sounds the same. Mine used one clip+stud near the windshield and the trim went under the rack base. If it remains loose some RTV will help prevent another lost trim.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
My experience is with a 2004 but your trim+clip description sounds the same. Mine used one clip+stud near the windshield and the trim went under the rack base. If it remains loose some RTV will help prevent another lost trim.
I'm guilty of RTV use. Lol
Used a towel, brick and a bolt to add pressure to the trim while the RTV dried. Not exactly OEM, but what you can't see hides my MacGyver repair.
¯\(ツ)

Reactions: TEA and aggrex
1 - 5 of 5 Posts