Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The Pilot already has a 4* rollover rating from NHTSA based on its static measurements. They don't currently do any dynamic testing because of the number of variables. If they're going to start, they'll have to standardize those variables. On their site, they claim that rollover rarely occurs on flat dry pavement. It's almost always the result of the vehicle leaving the road and going down an embankment, or returning to the road at a sharp angle where the tires suddenly grip and the vehicle flips.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
krygny said:
... They [NHTSA] don't currently do any dynamic testing because of the number of variables. If they're going to start, they'll have to standardize those variables. ...
My understanding is that the NHTSA was supposed to start dynamic testing on some '04 models yesterday.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
robrecht said:
My understanding is that the NHTSA was supposed to start dynamic testing on some '04 models yesterday.
I saw something about that on MSNBC tonight. They are starting to do real world roll over tests with safety bars on SUVs in additon to crash tests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts