Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago my wife called me and told me the check engine light and the VTM light came on. Well, because I have been following this site, it sounded like something that many fellow pilot/mdx/odyssey owners had been experiencing so I told her to take it to a local dealer (I have had many bad experiences with this dealer, but since the car only had 1200 miles on it and I thought it would be warranty work, I figured I would save the time and hassle of taking it to my preferred dealer who is further away). They said they did not have time (it was a Friday) to get to the car but it sounds like a very common problem and that we should bring it back on Monday, which we did. They called back that afternoon and told me that a rodent had crawled inside the intake manifold and chewed on a wire on the Knock sensor. I questioned them a bit and thought that they were once again trying to screw us. I told my wife to pick it up and take it to the other dealer. Well, guess what, the first dealer was right. Evidentally one of the field rats (we had been parking that car outside and our neighborhood backs up to a large amount of open space) had decided to keep warm in my engine compartment. There were even droppings inside the intake manifold. I am still a little concerned that something the size of a field rat can make its way inside my intake manifold, but none-the-less, it cost me $300! :mad:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Bummer on your ordeal, humanatek.... :( I've heard all sorts of animals (squirrels, mice, cats) get into all sorts of nooks and crannys of cars. Darn!! Rats!! They get into a lot things...

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts