Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased used 2014 Pilot Touring recently. There is a rocker switch on the dash above the Parking brake release with a large P and what look like sound wave symbols (graduated small to large) to the right of the P. I can't find it anywhere in the manual, so I guessed it might be a sound signal activation switch when backing up. I tried that and I didn't hear anything. It has a green light and makes a beep when switched on. So I'm scratching my head. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,943 Posts
What does the wiring in the back side of the switch connect to? If you can trace the connection that will offer a clue. And can you post a photo of the switch?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,943 Posts
Might be for a backup parking sensor. Put the Pilot in reverse and back up close to a wall and see what happens. Just don’t hit the wall.?

Reactions: sequoia1

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is the parking sensor enable/disable switch. My 2019’s manual states that if enabled (LED ON), the alarm will sound if the sensor detects an object within 47” or less. Don’t know if your 2014’s sensor detection range is the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be for a backup parking sensor. Put the Pilot in reverse and back up close to a wall and see what happens. Just don’t hit the wall.?
It was a backup sensor. Just had to get very close to activate it. Good thing I learned how to use mirrors very well. I wouldn't rely on the sensor. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the parking sensor enable/disable switch. My 2019’s manual states that if enabled (LED ON), the alarm will sound if the sensor detects an object within 47” or less. Don’t know if your 2014’s sensor detection range is the same.
Thanks, you were right also.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I purchased used 2014 Pilot Touring recently. There is a rocker switch on the dash above the Parking brake release with a large P and what look like sound wave symbols (graduated small to large) to the right of the P. I can't find it anywhere in the manual,...
It's covered in the manual starting on page 365.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts