Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced vtec solenoid the whole unit but it's still giving me engine light and going into limp mode. What else can it be.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Year, 4wd or 2wd, mileage, and what code(s) does the vehicle have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry about that. I just realized I forgot to put it on my post. It's a 2008 2 wd with 169500 mi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One sensor came with the vtec solenoid is there two of them. If so where might I find it.?

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Yeah sorry about that. I just realized I forgot to put it on my post. It's a 2008 2 wd with 169500 mi.
You replaced this entire part with no results?

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
That's correct
Was the battery disconnected when you did the install? If not, disconnect for a few minutes then reconnect and see if it comes out of limp mode.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's going out of limp mode if I turn it off for a minute and start it again then it runs fine for a while then goes right back to limp mode.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
It's going out of limp mode if I turn it off for a minute and start it again then it runs fine for a while then goes right back to limp mode.
Conections are oil free, clean and dry? No bent prongs.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
When my Vtec was going out, it would fine for 20-30 mins. then go into limp mode.
But you changed it.
Can you go to an auto parts and pull the codes for it and get back to us? It's free there.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
I haven't checked the connections closely yet I will try it and get back to you Thanks for the help this is driving me crazy but I really like the vehicle.
Hopefully something easy.
Sometimes after replacing, the filter screen can clog again.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
One sensor came with the vtec solenoid is there two of them. If so where might I find it.?
I just noticed you posted the year, there are two oil switches on VCM engines 2009 on up, so you'd only have one on a 2008. Did you install the new one? Try changing the oil and oil filter and cleaning the VTEC valve screen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I'm doing this as we speak. I appreciate the advice very much and I will be sure to let you know how this turns out. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts