Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days after picking up our EX-L in the first week of August we
drove it for 5091 miles driveway-to-driveway. Starting from the Central FL Atlantic coast to northern Ontario. and back. During the journey the Pilot was driven on a variety of roads. Ranging from typical Interstate, big city downtown (complete with many potholes), and 200+ miles on washboard gravel/dirt/bare rock.
The same journey has been made in either a Volvo wagon or an Explorer and so we are able to make comparisons. The Pilot drove and felt better than either of the other two vehicle types. Pilot gas mileage was noted and worked out to 20.15 MPG for the trip. The Right Seat Mission Commander + the driver were not able to detect any other Pilots during the journey in spite of keenly looking on the road and in target rich environments. Several MDXers were noted checking us over on the highway and a few persons asked about the Pilot at stops. In general the Pilot is a very satisfying vehicle and confirms that we made the right decision after 3 months of intensive investigation of the whole SUV spectrum.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sounds like another satisfied PILOT owner ...

PrG;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
sinar said:
Two days after picking up our EX-L in the first week of August we
drove it for 5091 miles driveway-to-driveway. Starting from the Central FL Atlantic coast to northern Ontario. and back. During the journey the Pilot was driven on a variety of roads. Ranging from typical Interstate, big city downtown (complete with many potholes), and 200+ miles on washboard gravel/dirt/bare rock.
The same journey has been made in either a Volvo wagon or an Explorer and so we are able to make comparisons. The Pilot drove and felt better than either of the other two vehicle types. Pilot gas mileage was noted and worked out to 20.15 MPG for the trip. The Right Seat Mission Commander + the driver were not able to detect any other Pilots during the journey in spite of keenly looking on the road and in target rich environments. Several MDXers were noted checking us over on the highway and a few persons asked about the Pilot at stops. In general the Pilot is a very satisfying vehicle and confirms that we made the right decision after 3 months of intensive investigation of the whole SUV spectrum.
sinar, last time I made that journey it was in a crappy chrysler daytona with 3 other guys. I'd sure like to do it again in my Pilot - it'd be much more enjoyable :cool: Did you go the eastern way (ON, NY, PA, MD, VA, etc.) or the central way? Or even better the western way (I'd like to do that someday, Ontario to Florida the LOOONG way.

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
494 Posts
What a long drive sinar, and a great way to break 'er in. How many days did it take you to do that trip?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts