Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering what kind of crazy trips you have taken so far just to drive the Pilot around. I know several people have actually had their vacation recently, but some of us are just making up reasons to go somewhere.

I'll start.

I finally let my husband drive the Pilot Friday night. He must have really liked it, because Saturday (yesterday) he wanted to drive to get a burger - IN SOUTH CAROLINA!! We drove almost two hours each way to eat hamburgers and hot dogs at the Beacon in Spartanburg. He drove the whole time, and just kept commenting on how it didn't feel like he was going 80, 85, etc.
I ended up in the back because the baby got tired of riding after a while. Just sitting beside her calms her. I sat in the middle seat, but it wasn't uncomfortable to me. Maybe I was just too tired to notice - it was almost midnight when we got home.

By the way, regular gas in Gaffney, SC was $1.19.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My adventures aren't nearly as cool as others, but I have taken two fly fishing trips to the NC mountains (1 within the first week of buying my Pilot). Got to test some of the off-road capabilities on those trips as we headed off road (i.e. some gravel, some dirt, some grass/smaller rocks - no rock climbs or stream bed crossings) to access some of the out of the way streams. Catbert, I was up your way during this trip. We stayed in Boone both trips. If you remember seeing a silver Pilot in early June or late June, that might have been me.

Also took a trip to Hilton Head Island, SC and Savannah, GA.

Catbert, you must have missed the signs in Blacksburg as you drove by as they are always cheaper off of exit 102 than down in Gaffney. Probably would have saved $.04-$.05 a gal.

·
Registered
592 Posts
We have taken our Pilot to Yosemite and Half-Moon-Bay-Beach so far, other than the regular local Bay-Area stuff. Need to plan out a trip to San Deigo sometime in October. And then of course to Tahoe in the winter.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hear ya'...

A few weeks ago, my wife and I drove 90 miles (one-way) for dinner. We haven't done that since she drove about the same distance in her new '99 Acura TL... just to buy a pie!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't have the Pilot yet...

...but I plan a trip to NH where I am speaking at a confernece. I hope the car is ready and delivered in time.

But after seeing Copperpoppy's and Tony's pics of Arizona (despite the monsoon!!), I'm thinking maybe cross country with my crew would be fun! :2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Took the Pilot to Tahoe to help my brother on his cabin he just got. I left the Bay Area at around 5:00 AM and got up there by 8:25 AM.

The Pilot ran great I hit a 100 a couple of times no problems. I got in the hills and I was passing all those other SUVs. I find myself using the Nav a lot to look for turns that I had to slow down for.

On the way up I got 20 mpg and on the way back I got 25 mpg (down hill I guess) I thought that was great for how fast I was driving.

I now have 1500 miles on the car and no bad sounds. I heard the sound of the gas moving a couple of times, but I really had to listen for it.

We are going to Yosemite next month. I will take pictures but as I saw by another posting another RRP beat me there

·
Registered
206 Posts
NH

Had the Pilot to NH and MA this weekend. Off-road, on a well-rutted path, five miles without pavement, in the snow/sleet/rain--NO trouble! Not a slip or a slide, not a spin or anything. The car was wonderful. Quite a switch from my rwd Volvo spin-out-prone wagon!

Got 21 mpg, mixed hw/cty/off-road. And I finally got to take it over 70--no vibration at all.

Only saw one Pilot the whole time--a RRP just like mine on I-95 in RI on the way home Sunday evening. :17:

Chiquita,where were you this weekend?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took a 1,000 mile round trip to Toronto. Sort of like taking the Pilot "home", but I didn't make it all the way to Alliston. The Pilot handed well at sustained high speeds no vibrations. My only complaint - excessive tire noise on certain concrete paved sections of the NY Thruway. I have the Goodyears. Mileage was about 21. I saw no other Pilots during my trip. I have seen two in Philadelphia since I returned. I have had the Pilot for a month and have about 2,500 miles on it and have encountered none of the various problems listed in the threads in this site.

·
Registered
180 Posts
PAPilot,

I work in Philly and drive my Sagebrush in three times a week. I park right near Broad street, close to City Hall. I wonder if one of the Pilots you saw in Philly was mine.:31:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Re: NH

macbethderham said:
Had the Pilot to NH and MA this weekend. Off-road, on a well-rutted path, five miles without pavement, in the snow/sleet/rain--NO trouble! Not a slip or a slide, not a spin or anything. The car was wonderful. Quite a switch from my rwd Volvo spin-out-prone wagon!

Got 21 mpg, mixed hw/cty/off-road. And I finally got to take it over 70--no vibration at all.

Only saw one Pilot the whole time--a RRP just like mine on I-95 in RI on the way home Sunday evening. :17:

Chiquita,where were you this weekend?
Hi macbethderham!!

I was actually driving alot in Pilot in the POURING rain--what a weekend! My older kids' school had their annual homecoming in Braintree (they go to Thayer) and I was driving 5 or 6 kids back and forth all day Saturday. The big kids (12-16) loved the RES and I have to say that the Pilot handled beautifully in really awful conditions. I was actually impressed that the Goodyear Integrities handled the 4 inches of rain we got very nicely. I had been concerned.

Were you in Hingham??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pilotless said:
PAPilot,

I work in Philly and drive my Sagebrush in three times a week. I park right near Broad street, close to City Hall. I wonder if one of the Pilots you saw in Philly was mine.:31:

I haven't seen a Sagebrush yet. I also work near City Hall, so I'll kkeep an eye out for yours. My wife drives the Pilot to work, so it doesn't get into Center City during the week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Philly pholks

Ok PAPilot, Pilotless, me three on location.

What dealers did you shop/use? I shopped Scott (West Chester) and bought at Roberts (Downingtown). Scott's service department seems much nicer and equally pricey. Any better options in the area?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Philly pholks

RedLex said:
Ok PAPilot, Pilotless, me three on location.

What dealers did you shop/use? I shopped Scott (West Chester) and bought at Roberts (Downingtown). Scott's service department seems much nicer and equally pricey. Any better options in the area?
It seems like we have gotten a little off topic for this thread, but since you asked I got my Pilot from Sussman Honda in Willow Grove PA. I ordered it on June 22 and got it on September17. I requested an online Quote from Sloane in Phila. Both dealers wanted MSRP in June. I haven't had any need for service as yet and will probably use Sussman, but Sloane recently relocated and is actually closer to my home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts