Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EXL
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Farewell Pilot........On April 22, 2020 I lost a good friend......My black 2006 Pilot EXL at 3:05 a.m. while heading into work. I have never hit a deer before then but I managed to take out two at the same time that were running shoulder to shoulder while crossing (sprinting) across the highway. I can still relive the moment of impact if I close my eyes. The damage was mostly to the drivers side headlight area and did not look too extensive until you factor in the age of the Pilot and the fact that it had almost 280,000 miles on it. She, Bebe, was really starting to show her age but could still do 100+ mph on the highway without missing a beat and handled dirt/gravel roads like the day she was conceived. I will miss my Pilot. I could not find another one that I liked so finally decided upon a black 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD with under 80k miles and a lifetime power-train warranty. I hope to one day own another Pilot but until then farewell to all of you Piloteers and treat your "Bebe's" well and they will go forever!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Neat story as the Pilot has served you well even with the deer 🦌 hookup. The Rogue styling is nice like a mini Murano. Good to have that power train warranty as Nissan has been getting a bad rap hooking up with Renault.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Sorry for your loss!

We had a Rogue for a couple years and my mom had bought it new and put the first 80k on it. The CVT responds really well to fresh fluid. Otherwise I quite liked the style and the way it drove, my wife hated the lack of power and cubbies to store things. Being her car, it didn't last long.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Got a picture of the damage?
I can fix it.
😭

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,159 Posts
Sorry about the loss of Bebe. Sounds like she lived a good life with you as her owner.

Reactions: pilotalbert87

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
111 Posts
Farewell Pilot........On April 22, 2020 I lost a good friend......My black 2006 Pilot EXL at 3:05 a.m. while heading into work. I have never hit a deer before then but I managed to take out two at the same time that were running shoulder to shoulder while crossing (sprinting) across the highway. I can still relive the moment of impact if I close my eyes. The damage was mostly to the drivers side headlight area and did not look too extensive until you factor in the age of the Pilot and the fact that it had almost 280,000 miles on it. She, Bebe, was really starting to show her age but could still do 100+ mph on the highway without missing a beat and handled dirt/gravel roads like the day she was conceived. I will miss my Pilot. I could not find another one that I liked so finally decided upon a black 2013 Nissan Rogue SV AWD with under 80k miles and a lifetime power-train warranty. I hope to one day own another Pilot but until then farewell to all of you Piloteers and treat your "Bebe's" well and they will go forever!
Very sorry for your loss! From all of us Piloteers please accept our most sincere condolences. You'll soon find another one that will rekindle your Pilot's flame!! Until then enjoy your newfound Bebe!

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
Oh deær!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts