Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Honda pilot 4wd
I'm not getting the blinker working on the right side of my trailer.
tried switching bulbs to the same effect.
Then I used a little tester on the car hookup and only the LT lights up as working.
The tow hitch looks standard but I cant figure out where the wiring connects up?
IMG_7159.jpg
I just tested the wiring and found that the green and black wires do not work so its not just the connector having issues.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
If your fuses are good (check with a multimeter, not just by eye), then check those wires for continuity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your fuses are good (check with a multimeter, not just by eye), then check those wires for continuity.
Thanks! I just checked the wires just above the trailer connection point with a multimeter and the LT was good and the RT was bad.
I'm having trouble finding any information on which fuse it would be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I just checked the wires just above the trailer connection point with a multimeter and the LT was good and the RT was bad.
I'm having trouble finding any information on which fuse it would be.
OK, in the diagram for the main fuse box it shows 24 as being the fuse for trailers but mine is empty. I don't think that this wiring goes through there. It only has a ground and 3 other wires as shown in my previous picture. the cable disappears through a spot just next to the spare tire but I cant figure out where it goes from there.
IMG_7166.jpg

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,266 Posts
OK, in the diagram for the main fuse box it shows 24 as being the fuse for trailers but mine is empty. I don't think that this wiring goes through there. It only has a ground and 3 other wires as shown in my previous picture. the cable disappears through a spot just next to the spare tire but I cant figure out where it goes from there.
View attachment 146621
Mine comes out in the rear storage area where you can stow 3rd row headrests. Odd, either yours or mine, I don't know.

Things to try:
  • Maybe look up behind the 12volt accessory "cigarette" socket if the wiring goes there. Access it through the emergency jack cubby.
  • Pull your taillights and see if the wiring connects there.
  • Boroscope, to follow the wiring?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
Assume the car's right lights are good. On my 2005 there were no fuses to insert to get trailer wires working. So, perhaps it's time to trace the car side of the trailer wires back to the plug and test the car side. It's rare for the car to trailer wiring box to fail, but possible, and they are cheap.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
97 Posts
What wiring harness are you using? The OEM, or one of those eTrailer type add-ons? I use the cheaper Add-on and they only last a few years. Im on my third. Both of the previous failures were that the right side blinker and tail-light on the trailer stopped working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts