Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed all the interior bulbs to LEDs. I had noticed the bulb in the right map light wasn't working. I put a new bulb in...nothing. Used the bulb from the right and put it in the left side and it worked.

So I've isolated the issue to:
  • Bulbs are ok
  • Fuse must be ok if the left side works
  • Must be the actual switch
Has anyone has the same issue, and how hard is it to replace the bulb housing / switch for someone who isn't a huge car guy?

Thanks.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I had to replace the right switch on my 2011 twice. Very easy process, a couple screws to remove in order to drop the assembly down and the old switch just slides off. As thefisch says, look on YouTube for videos on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i didn't want to buy the parts unless it looked like it was most likely the issue, thanks for responding. I'll pick one up

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you want to be sure, then drop down the assembly and swap the switch from the working (passenger) side with the nonworking (driver) side. If the problem follows the switch, then you've got your culprit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn I got two switched from amazon. Unfortunately my switches worked including the new only only on the left side. Double checked the new bulbs too.

Is there a separate fuse for the right and left map light?

So bulbs and switch both rules out. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts