Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit a roadside curb on passengers‘ side at 40 mph while quickly turning to get on exit ramp now my 2008 honda Pilot makes creaking noise from passengers’ side front end while turning steering wheel to the right - most noticeably when backing out of driveway and turning steering wheel to the right. Have to replace brake pads on my front wheels so any suggestions on what to look for while my tire is off on passenger side? Are there visual indicators for tie rod or strut damage (or brain damage) ?

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Hit a roadside curb on passengers‘ side at 40 mph while quickly turning to get on exit ramp now my 2008 honda Pilot makes creaking noise from passengers’ side front end while turning wheel to the right - most noticeably when backing out of driveway and turning wheel to the right. Have to replace brake pads on my front wheels so any suggestions on what to look for while my tire is off on passenger side? Are there visual indicators for tie rod or strut damage?
I usually check things like tie rod ends when one wheel is raised at a time and grab the tire @ 3 and 9 o'clock positions and see if it wiggles at all. The struts from the 12 and 6 o'clock positions?
Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
I usually check things like tie rod ends when one wheel is raised at a time and grab the tire @ 3 and 9 o'clock positions and see if it wiggles at all. The struts from the 12 and 6 o'clock positions?
Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Your learned and erudite explanation pretty much covers it. :)

OK, I'd perhaps add to compare the left and the right perspectives for any discrepancies or differences. The Laffer Curve can be subject to misinterpretations. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had a good awful scraping noise. took the wheel off pushed the dust shield with a screwdriver...bent it back, noise gone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts