Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a used 2017 Touring with 30k miles from a local dealer. I immediately purchased OEM wiper blade replacements from Amazon since we live in Indiana and weather changes quickly.

I went out today to replace all 3, the rear wiper went on quickly and easily. But when I went to the fronts, I noticed that previous owner went with aftermarket wiper blade assemblies.

I've been on several Honda part stores and cannot find the part numbers for the metal rod/strip inserts. Wiper blade assembly is listed for purchase and so are rubber inserts but not the metal inserts.

Would anyone be able to help me with a part number or source to purchase from? Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the link to the parts on the rear windshield wiper arm. However as my original post says- my rear insert went on just fine (in other words- all parts are there and I don’t need to purchase any).

My front wipers are what are missing the metal inserts for both wipers (4 total) and they are much longer than the rear.

I apologize if my OP was confusing.

·
Registered
9,775 Posts
We just bought a used 2017 Touring with 30k miles from a local dealer. I immediately purchased OEM wiper blade replacements from Amazon since we live in Indiana and weather changes quickly.

I went out today to replace all 3, the rear wiper went on quickly and easily. But when I went to the fronts, I noticed that previous owner went with aftermarket wiper blade assemblies.

I've been on several Honda part stores and cannot find the part numbers for the metal rod/strip inserts. Wiper blade assembly is listed for purchase and so are rubber inserts but not the metal inserts.

Would anyone be able to help me with a part number or source to purchase from? Thank you!
Looks like the metal strips are only sold as part of the complete wiper blades.

There's nothing particularly special about the OEM wipers.
Either buy the complete OEM blades (and you'll have a spare set of inserts for the future) or return the inserts and buy a set of aftermarket blades.

Here's a comparison test of some aftermarket blades:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts