Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to tap the reverse light power - is there a fuse for that in the rear fuse box? Or is all the way in the front?

Fuse box diagram says there's a "back lamp" fuse in the rear, and #23 up front is labelled "back up".

If I have to tap the actual wire, is that easy to do?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
No fuss, no muss.

Of these:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the top ones because I can unplug the device completely if needed. Guess I will go with that, sounds like the fuse is not conveniently located in the back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
500 Posts
My backup camera cable has a power lead in the back, as well as the front. So I connected the front power lead to the "camera trigger" line on the aftermarket headunit, then in the tailgate, I connected the camera power lead to the backup lamp by splicing it into the wire going to one of the backup bulbs. So anytime I put the car into reverse, power feeds from the backup lamp circuit into the backup camera wire, which powers the camera and simultaneously triggers the head unit into going into back mode. So by doing it that way, I didn't have to find the car's reverse wire under the dash, or figure out how to get accessory power in the tailgate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts