Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have up-graded from a CR-V to a 2021 Pilot so some controls are familiar to me. My dilemma is that I'm 6 feet tall and have recently had knee replacement surgery on both knees. Getting in to and out of the drivers seat is, well, painful as my range of motion is still somewhat limited; controlling the pedals when I'm in is absolutely no problem.

Before I enter the car, the driver seat is in the rear position but I need to lower it to it's lowest point to make my entry less painful. Is there a way to "set" the return position fully back and down? I have spent a good amount of time on the console menu page for Enter/Exit but haven't found what I'm looking for. I realize this is for convenience but I'm hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What trim level? I think it's only available on EX-L and higher.

If it has it it you should be able to find it by pressing the Home button then select Vehicle -> Driving Position Setup -> Seat Position Movement at Entry/Exit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trim level is EX-L. As stated initially, I've spent considerable time at the Entry/Exit setting but have only been able to turn it "Off" or "On". I've tried different combinations of turning it off, re-adjusting to my desired position and turning it back on, but to no avail. Every time I open the door, the seat returns to it's default setting.

My only option to date is to set the "2nd" seat setting where I want it and press that getting in and out. The problem with that is when I return to the car and open the door, the seat rises, moving back to the default factory setting again. Like I said, it's more of a convenience thing but it would be nice to not wait around every time for the seat to make it's journey.

Thanks again for the quick response.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The memory system responds to the key fob used to open the driver‘s door. If you’re using position 2 for entering/exiting the vehicle, use the driver #2 key fob and the seat will remain in position 2 when you open the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cbayman - you hit the Bullseye... I modified your idea slightly by setting the Entry/Exit position to my #1 fob and set my preferred driving position to the #2 fob. Now, as I unlock the car and open the door with fob 1, the seat is already moving to the entry position with hardly any wait at all. Once I'm in, pressing #2 puts me at my preferred driving position. This is a great work-around. My "Thanks!" for the great idea and to all who responded. Hopefully these knees will finely work themselves in and my life can get back to something more normal. But as I understand it, a decent recovery takes about a year so this seat adjustment exercise means a lot to me. Thanks again!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts