Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have been following my postings relating to issues I felt were unacceptable with my Pilot and many have offered encouragement and support. Thanks to this site, I never felt alone and kept the pressure on. Last Friday, my dealer informed me that a duplicate of my SS EXL-NAV would be slotted for production near Sept. 25 and available for pickup near the 12th of Oct. I was asked to pay $.15 per mile for usage. I felt this was more than fair and am looking forward to being able to compare a 3000 VIN with a 30,000. This was evidently a joint effort between my dealer, AH, and AHF. I do appreciate the resolution. I learned a lot through the process and my only advice is to remain civil at all times, be presistent, and document every step. In the end, you must ask, "What are my options?" The value of this website is critical if we are to be heard and we must be heard. None of us is as strong as all of us!!!
I will not now be burning my Honda hat, but as stated in another thread, it will take some time for it to feel right again. Thanks for your support. BP

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congratulations!
It's reassuring to see that Honda is actually making good on a lemon to keep a customer satisfied.
I'm convinced that Honda scans this and other major forums regularly. I'd love to know who the mole is.

We will miss you in the 3000 club.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Glad to hear that you were able to get a replacement and they finally 'took care' of you.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Way to go BPilot!

It's nice to know that your persistance has been rewarded with a new Pilot. I was afraid that Honda was going to drop the ball. I guess the "Bad Press" that would have been generated, might have hurt Honda's reputation.

How many miles did you have on your Pilot?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Great ... way to hang in their BPilot.

I knew it would work out ... You and I, the first two to ever have two PILOTs. Want to start a club ?

PrG

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes! There is justice after all.

Good for you, BPilot! I'm really glad it's worked out for you after all. I particularly appreciated your advice about "remain[ing] civil at all times". My patience has been worn very thin as I'm trying to resolve my own problem with the wind deflector with my dealer and have come close to losing it, but seeing as how it all was worth it for you, I think I'll keep my lid on for now.

Once again, congrats!

·
Registered
310 Posts
As another member who has been following your troubles closely, I too am happy for you. I'm sorry it took you so long and that you had to spend so much emotional energy in the process. Hopefully in the long run it will have been worth it.

I'm kind of curious to know if you ever discussed with anyone on the Honda side of the issue the possibility of having to take legal action and, if so, what effect you feel that had on your ultimate resolution.

Again, I'm happy for you. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
BPilot,

I'm happy that things have worked out for you. I have found in my years too that consumers have to constantly watch out to not get screwed by businesses. I think in the past that might not have been the case but, boy, how times have changed.

Good job!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good job BP, good job Honda

Glad to hear that they took care of ya. $0.15 per mile sonds totally resonable to me.

Dave

·
Registered
310 Posts
I hope my sentiment here doesn't cause BPilot any further distress but although $.15 per mile sounds reasonable for a lease of a vehicle in good working order, I do not think it was a fair price for for the heartache and headache and wasted time that BPilot has been put through. If I were Honda and were convinced of the justness of BPilot's cause, I would have gone the extra mile to make things right. If I were BPilot, though, I probably would have been so relieved to be getting a new Pilot, and so ready to put the eperience behind me I probably would have taken the offer, too.

As I recall, they put BPilot in a loaner for some period of time so I guess that makes up for some of it, too. (Surely they didn't charge him for mileage on the loaner?!)

In any event, at this point all that matters is that BPilot is happy. Since he's satisfied, I'm happy for him. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to website

Thanks for the comments. Your right PrG - "The Two VIN Club." I believe there was another with the water pump issue in line for a replacement which could make the count three. To answer some questions. My Pilot has just reached the 8,300 mile mark. Likey will have near 10,000 when the replacement arrives. Interestingly Howdy Ag, I did mention the legal issue very casually in my last conversation with AH when they said my case was closed. If you remember, I let them know that they may consider it closed, but I did not. I think the fact that I put the ball clearly back in the dealer's court and clearly outlined my feelings relating to the value of past business (and future business) was key. Looking back, I also feel that letting them know I was willing to pay some amount for the miles put on the vehicle also opened a door. You are right, there should be compensation for frustration, but the struggle gave me a strong desire for a resolution. Again, I credit the good advice and information this website provided for success. Thanks, BP

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have thought a lot about that. At least I will be in a much improved position to sell the vehicle if it became necessary. I am looking forward to being able to evaluate the two and anticipating a good outcome. BP

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am so happy to hear you are "winning" this one! If it had been me, I don't know if I would have wanted another vehicle of the same make/model because I would be worried that I would encounter the same problems. But I think you are going to be very happy with your new Pilot. I have a VIN in the 20,000s, and have had no problems other than the back of the 3rd row overlapping. Hey, as long as its not mechanical, I can handle it.

Congrats again. I am happy to hear Honda is making good on this!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Replacement produced

The dealer called this past Saturday to say he had received a VIN # and the unit should be delivered near Oct 12th. I could not write at the time, but the new VIN # was 33,???. I was told I would have plenty of time to spend with the replacement. This I will do. Thanks, BP

·
Registered
900 Posts
Great! I look forward to putting your new VIN in the table!!!
Keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Two storys...no comments (insert jokes) please, but I am a lawyer. I always tell my clients and it has been my impression from the Corporate side of things that the squeeky wheel gets the grease, but keep in mind at all times to be civil. As my father always said, kill them with kindness. This usually, if not always, gets results...this goes for Honda, that hospital bill, etc. Also, about two years ago my Honda Accord broke down 200 miles from home. I had it towed back to St. Louis. I had to pay $650 to have the thing fixed, some type of retainer clip (I lost all my oil). In the process since I had about 85K on the car they suggested replacing the timing belt which was my next scheduled maintenance. Well about one year passed and one day I get a letter from Honda...guess what....I got the $650 back and my towing bill...the only think I was out was some tax. They said there was a design flaw and this on a car out of warranty and about 6 years old at the time. Can you say loyalty. My point is this...in the end if you have a good attitude and are persistant...you will get what you want out of Honda...just my opinion. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts