Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While coming home from the grocery store yesterday I was happily surprised to see in my neighborhood another new Honda Passport. It was Deep Scarlet Pearl in color instead of the most lovely, and luxurious Modern Steel Metallic but we can't all own perfection. We have several Pilot owners, but now there is another Passport in the neighborhood.

For those families with between one to three children, next time you are in the marked for a new Honda SUV, take a look as the Passport. The Pilots younger, fun, sexier, younger brother. So break out of your soccer mom looking vehicle and live life to the fullest.

Just curious, how many people here when looking at a new Pilot took a look at the Passport?

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,420 Posts
Resistance is futile.
Get in!

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Administrator
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Administrator
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the remake, what car should the Passport be shown driving over?
The new Corvette? Something else?
Jeep Grand Cherokee of course. It is the competition to the Passport.

Besides it's got some good ratings:

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Would the sexy '20 Passport need some strategic staging to climb over that big obstacle due to imminent danger detected by nano nannie sensors kicking on shutting down power or going into limp mode or will the dash display {HOT TRANS} ...try later after cool down.
My bet is on the old Passport (Izuzu) which had a ladder frame, 4WD part-time system with 4LO and better approach/departure angles.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,420 Posts
In the remake, what car should the Passport be shown driving over?
The new Corvette? Something else?
Best just leave the cover over the car. That way the maker won't feel the need to retaliate.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,894 Posts
Here's another test that includes some off-road driving:

The oldest car marketing gimmick in the book: "Get a car, get a chick."

That is what he's saying, isn't it?" :p

·
Registered
797 Posts
I was thoroughly disgusted with 2016 revision. Pilot, Passport... 2016 and on, they all look like minivans.

I am seriously considering a Chevy Tahoe for the time when my 2013 Pilot kicks the bucket. If Honda wants my $$$, they better come up with something decent by then. And a slicked-over Passport ain't gonna cut it.

·
Administrator
5,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was thoroughly disgusted with 2016 revision. Pilot, Passport... 2016 and on, they all look like f-ing minivans.

I am seriously considering a Chevy Tahoe for the time when my 2013 Pilot kicks the bucket. If Honda wants my $$$, they better come up with something decent by then. And a slicked-over Passport ain't gonna cut it.
Honda quite making the Gen 1 Passport in 2002 and the Gen 2 Passport wasn't reintroduced until 2019. Kind of hard to hate the 2016, 2017 and 2018 Passport body style for those years.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
The oldest car marketing gimmick in the book: "Get a car, get a chick."
She did some vidoes with TFL a year or so ago... if you read the comments there are quite a few people that believe she isn't a chick at all...

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The new Passport performed great in many aspects during the reviews against its competitors. The Hot Trans warning appeared on occasion when the test drivers pushed the crossover a bit too hard. With Honda’s history of weak AT I would be hesitant to push these new tech laden crossovers without some comprehensive power train coverage. The Passport is impressive and probably one of the top crossovers.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts