Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, What a great forum !!!
Can any of you who have researched Pilot Options guide me as to Whether to get an RES or a NAV system ? I want both but you can't get both OEM installed.... So which choice is better for after market RES or NAV ?
Also does anyone have the rear-veiw camera installed with NAV how do you like it.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Nav with the rear view camera. It is very cool!!! When pulling out of a parking spot, it can be of great assistance. I really love the Nav System. I am directionally challenged - and it is awsome. My kids are older, 14 and 10 - so they are into listening to the radio/cd - - although we do have a portable DVD player that plugs into the power outlet in the back seat - and that works out too. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it really depends on your needs because the products are so different. For us, it was a no-brainer. We went with the RES because we have two young children. I'd love to have the NAV as well, but I doubt I would have paid for it anyway. I am exploring a less expensive (and less elegant) alternative to satisfy the geek in me, and that is to buy accessories for my PDA that make it a functioning GPS unit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
boilerhoops10 said:
I think it really depends on your needs because the products are so different. For us, it was a no-brainer. We went with the RES because we have two young children. I'd love to have the NAV as well, but I doubt I would have paid for it anyway. I am exploring a less expensive (and less elegant) alternative to satisfy the geek in me, and that is to buy accessories for my PDA that make it a functioning GPS unit.
Ditto this. I would have loved the NAV but went with the RES to try and keep the kids occupied. I can always pull out the old map if I get lost.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I have the RES (for the same reasons mentioned above). But from what I've read, it's probably easier to add an after-market DVD or the Dealer installed Honda i-VES.
Since the Navi, radio, and climate controls take up most of the dash, you'll probably have to custom install the DVD player. I guess you need to hear from someone with the Navi (or both) who can say how much free dash space there is.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also bought the Nav because I thought it would be easier to add an aftermarket RES later. I also like how the Nav is a part of the dash and didn't think an aftermarket Nav installer could make it look like OEM for what I could afford. I also have the option of getting the back up camera if I ever decide I want it. As everyone else has said, it really comes down to a personal decision of what your needs are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts