Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Pilot with RES, if I am using the radio functions (am/fm, tape, cd) the rear speakers default to the off setting, and I have to press the Rear Pwr button to turn them on. This occurs whenever the radio is turned on and off, and also if I change sources while the radio remains on (like going from cassette to CD, etc). Its getting annoying, and I would like to know iof everyone's works like this, or am I having a malfunctioning radio. If I use the DVD player to play a DVD or a music CD, the rear speakers come on automatically like I think they should, though of course I can turn them off with the Rear Pwr button.

What's going on here, did Honda design the world's most annoying audio system?:confused:

·
Registered
120 Posts
rear speakers

I think they are all the same. Ours are like that too. I haven't found a way to change mine either.

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you have the rear set to "off", the rear speakers will follow the front source. If you have the rear power on and the source (CD, DVD, radio,etc. shown in right display) is set to something different than the front source (shown in left display) it will show an icon of a speaker with the "no" slash through it on the rear (right) display, indicating that the rear speakers are turned off. This is because the system figures that if the people in back are going to use a different source than the front, the people in back will use the headphones and will want the rear speakers right next to them off so it doesn't distract their headphone listening. But always remember that if you turn the rear to Off (shows in right display), then the rear speakers are actually on and following the front selected source.

It sounds more confusing than it is and is actually some of the slick integration that I keep touting. Again, if you keep the rear stereo off, all speakers work and follow the front source. Also remember that as soon as you pop in a DVD, the system will automatically turn on the rear stereo and select DVD as the source. You will need to select DVD for your front source if you want it to play through the speakers though.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, I just spent some time in the garage playing with the radio, and I now see what you mean.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rear Speakers

True the "OFF" is default. That refers to the rear controls, not the speakers. Speakers are always on unless, as mentioned earlier, there is a speaker with a slash on the console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts