Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us probably don't actually get to watch the RES very much, but for those of you who have, have you noticed any dead or stuck pixels on your screen?

I'm pretty sure I have one and it is stuck on red. No matter what is showing on the screen, the same pixel is always red. I probably wouldn't have noticed or cared, but 3 people I have given test drives, all said, 'why is there a red dot on your screen.' Now I'm thinking this could be annoying.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I didn't see any the few times I've been able to watch it, but that was a couple of weeks ago (when it was new). I'll make it a point to check it after work today and let you know. I'm kind of an audio/video freak and something like that would drive me nuts!

Chris

·
Registered
449 Posts
LCD non-performing pixels

As the owner of a couple of flat panel LCDs, including a LCD TV in my home, I have had varied experiences. Most LCD monitor manufacturers have an acceptable number of dead pixels that they really will not do anything about. From my recollection, Gateway and Viewsonic will not warranty anything under 4 dead pixels on a 15" monitor. Both always had one or two dead pixels for me. My TV on the other hand, has never had a dead pixel, possibly due to a higher manufacturing/performance standard.

I would suggest you contact Honda and ask them what their non-performing pixel tolerance is for the RES. I would be interested in the answer as my Pilot is still on order and I am still contemplating the RES.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been trough a couple of LCD's (Viewsonic and NEC) with dead and stuck pixels. They have always replaced the screen when there was a stuck pixel, but they usually required 5 dead ones before they would even look at it. Guess I just lucked out on my laptops, never had one.

Living with a dead pixel or two wouldn't be too bad, but one stuck on, in red, I have to admit it is annoying.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Threadhead said:
I have been trough a couple of LCD's (Viewsonic and NEC) with dead and stuck pixels. They have always replaced the screen when there was a stuck pixel, but they usually required 5 dead ones before they would even look at it. Guess I just lucked out on my laptops, never had one.

Living with a dead pixel or two wouldn't be too bad, but one stuck on, in red, I have to admit it is annoying.
Agreed ... one or two ... is minimal ... in fact I am looking at one in my laptop screen as i type .... I just accepted them as the norm with LCD screens or panels ... something that would happen over time ... but you could see if they would replace the screen for you ... after I got over my initial obsession with it ... I never notice it anymore ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PrG said:
Agreed ... one or two ... is minimal ... in fact I am looking at one in my laptop screen as i type .... I just accepted them as the norm with LCD screens or panels ... something that would happen over time ... but you could see if they would replace the screen for you ... after I got over my initial obsession with it ... I never notice it anymore ...
Do you have any stuck pixels on your laptop, or are they dead pixels?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
One dead that I count so far ...

·
Registered
919 Posts
As promised, I checked my display this evening. No dead or stuck pixels. I did notice however a small amount of "interference waves" or what I've always known as a 60 cycle hum going through the display, primarily noticable on solid patterns in animated films. No biggie, its not too bad and the kids don't mind. I did also notice that the display looks much better when its opened all the way up (bottom closest to the front). In the more vertical lock position, the screen tends to be reaching its viewing angle limitations given the low seating heights of my 4 and 6 year olds.

Chris

·
Registered
138 Posts
So far, I didn't notice any dead pixel on the screen. :D I'm just a driver, driving most of the time. So, I haven't really notice anything on the RES yet.

I think I need to exam closely. Just need to find some time to go over it.

So far, I'm pretty lucky on LCD. I have several laptop before, but never had a laptop that have a dead pixel on it. According to LCD Manufacturer, 99% is the acceptable QA level. So you have about 1% of defect on every LCD manufacturer. :3:

So if you have a dead pixel on the screen which is very easy to spot, try to bring the car back to the dealer. Maybe they can swap it out under honda warranty. You just need to act like it's a very big deal (get cranky) because of the defective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts