Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to hook an external speaker to the audio port designed for the play station/game cube? My 6 y/o son loves the wireless headphones but my 19-month-old daughter will not leave them on. Anyone ever tried this?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Don't know about that but you could plug in some of those mini speakers into the headphone jack. If you are referring to the red or white RCA jack no you can't plug a speaker into those they are a line level connection no amplification there.

Matt

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks m-mmeyer

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why don't you try an FM modulator like the kind that plug into the headphone jack on portable MP3 players so that you can listen through the car stereo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acheslow,
Can you expand on that a little more? I'm not familiar with the FM modulator. Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
First I guess we need to clairify what you want to do! If you have a RES pilot then all you need to do is plug the game unit in to the 3 jacks on the back of the console and switch the front control to AUX and then the sound will be coming out of all the speakers. Now if you want to have your radio doing something different and the back seat to have some speakers instead of headphones well....you can't do that from the factory you would have to plug in some mini speakers like I said before and keep the volume down so you could listen to your program.

Matt

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Matt,
Sorry, I should have clarified. I just want the kids to be able listen to the RES/DVD using external speakers. I think the option of plugging a small speaker into the headphone jack will work just fine. Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts