Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm coming up on 200k km's (about 125k miles). I've done regular oil changes, recently changed spark plugs, flushed transmission fluid as well as steering fluid. Rear shocks replaced a year or two ago, and one rear arm replaced a year ago (forget proper name, something about a bushing wearing out and arm on one side thus need to be replaced...).

I've never had the timing belt replaced, I'm assuming this is something I need to do?? $$$ uggh..
Anything else I should specifically look at? This car has been incredibly reliable. I'd like to keep it that way, but at the same time don't want to sink too much $$ into a car that realistically has a trade in value of prob 13k Cad., and prob won't keep more than another year or two.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Nothing more important than getting the timing belt water pump job done at this point. Spark plugs should be replaced. NGK Laser Iridiums.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would do the timing belt and water pump as soon as possible. I would get the transfer case and differential fluid replaced if they haven't been done. Might want to get your front struts checked out if they are oem as well. Other than that I would enjoy the vehicle. I recently bought a 2014 Touring with 180,000km on it and love it.

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Hey all, I'm coming up on 200k km's (about 125k miles).

I've never had the timing belt replaced, I'm assuming this is something I need to do?? $$$ uggh..
This car has been incredibly reliable. I'd like to keep it that way, but at the same time don't want to sink too much $$ into a car that realistically has a trade in value of prob 13k Cad., and prob won't keep more than another year or two.
You should have received a code from the maintenance minder at around 168,000 km indicating that the timing belt replacement was due. Did you not get it or notice it?
Now, you need to decide if you want to spend the cost of having that work done almost immediately or to trade in the Pilot very soon.
If there isn't a new vehicle that you would want to buy right now, then have the timing belt replaced and take your time searching for your next vehicle.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
That’s just nicely run in.
Follow the maintenance minder

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't forget valve adjustment. Honda valves get tight with age and may burn if too tight. Hence the recommended valve adjustment around 100k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts