Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I recently had the lock cylinder go out on my 2006 Honda Pilot and after replacing it found that I need to program the new ignition keys. I have a Maxidas Autel DS708 which seems to be able to program the keys but is asking me for a pin. Can anyone help me to figure out how to locate that pin? I live about 40 miles from a locksmith or dealership so am hoping it is something that I can do myself as opposed to towing the car in so someone can do it for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
This is a 2 minute task if one has a special computer. Any decent shop should have one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have the computer (the Maxidas), just don't know how to locate the pin to start the process. Plus I'm told the vehicle needs to be present when the keys are programmed and getting the vehicle to the shop would require a tow.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
My mechanic only connected the computer to OBDII port, and kept following instructions on the screen, pressing buttons, and inserting keys into ignition. I do not recall him entering any pins. He certainly did not type anything in. I just kept hanging keys over to him. Not sure if this helps you, sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It gives me hope that it is a user error thing and not that I am missing some critical bit of information. I'll give it another go. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts