Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m trying to replace the actual bracket that attaches to the mirror housing. I can’t find a video or a form on this..I’m replacing number 8 in the picture. It’s basically the bracket that hold the whole mirror assembly or whatever you want to call it. Honda calls it the seat set part number 76207–tg7-ao1. Instead of paying a ridiculous price for the whole assembly, Honda sells the actual bracket that holds the mirror in place which is only 40.00. Anyone have any idea how to pop off the housing itself off the bracket? Btw the first picture is not my car. I found that picture on a form and he ended up replacing the whole unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
I would think you would have to remove the mirror from the door. Pop off triangle trim piece on the inside to reveal three 8mm nuts. If you want to completely remove the mirror, unclipping the harnesses would require removing the door panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think you would have to remove the mirror from the door. Pop off triangle trim piece on the inside to reveal three 8mm nuts. If you want to completely remove the mirror, unclipping the harnesses would require removing the door panel.
Yeah I get all those steps. Removing the entire assembly seems like a simple process. But once everything is off,My question is how do you remove the mirror assembly off the bracket that holds the mirror in place. The bracket is what bolts onto the door and holds the mirror in place. I’ve seen videos of people removing the back cover which just clips off.Does the bracket clip off to? Or is there a spring or screws securing it? In the picture this guy has them separated. But in his case it broke off. So I’m trying to separate those 2 Pices.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Sorry never actually took the mirror off to repair. Just to replace. I've bought a used assembly from a salvage yard.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did this not too long ago on my 2013. It’s probably pretty close to the same. Was not difficult at all. Once removed from the door you have to pop off the mirror itself. Make sure the whole assemble is warm, meaning cold plastic is more prone to crack. Let it get up to room temperature if you live in a cold climate. Run a hairdryer on it to warm the mirror up. You pry the mirror face off to access the screws underneath to disassemble. It’s pretty straight forward after mirror face removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did this not too long ago on my 2013. It’s probably pretty close to the same. Was not difficult at all. Once removed from the door you have to pop off the mirror itself. Make sure the whole assemble is warm, meaning cold plastic is more prone to crack. Let it get up to room temperature if you live in a cold climate. Run a hairdryer on it to warm the mirror up. You pry the mirror face off to access the screws underneath to disassemble. It’s pretty straight forward after mirror face removed.
Thanks for the advice. My part should be coming in tomorrow. I’ll update you guys and let you know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts