Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my kayak unloading it from up top this afternoon. Broke the rearview mirror mount. I have a 2016 Pilot Touring, so the mirror has the turn signal, Lane Watch Camera, and Memory. All of that is fine and dandy. The bottom part of the mount piece is what broke so it hangs down in all its droopy glory. Has anyone replaced the side mirror before? I'm wondering if I can buy a cheap mirror assembly and use the mount from it and the rest of the mirror assembly that I have.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Never did the job but you may run into the camera recalibration problem. Easy to solve but heart wrenching if unaware lol. Basically you'll need to download a Target on your phone and retrain the lane watch to know where to aim.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,585 Posts
Man I feel for you. I drove 1000 miles in my wife's car. No problems. Wife gets in car and immediately takes the $1000 Volvo mirror off the passenger side by hitting the side of the garage door..... I paid a shop to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. What I am hoping is that no part of the actual mirror itself is damaged or jacked up. Just the part that holds the whole piece onto the door. As of right now, I rednecked that mirror back on with electrical tape and other than seeing that I taped my mirror back onto the car, its correctly functional...including no need to recalibrate the lane watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, best I can figure out, gotta buy the whole assembly. No one could even give me word if I could buy the cheapest OEM assembly, reverse engineer it to get the bracket and put my own mirror assembly on it. Couldn't find one on-line to meet my exact specs either. Called the dealer. Mirror Assembly quote (no labor) $672. Called a local collision center, couldn't find the part either outside of Honda. Said, he would at least order me the part, charge me his cost and let me have it if I wanted to put it on. His cost $532. Knowing that outside of recalibrating the lane watch, it's a fairly simple replacement, I asked cost to install it. $542. Sure. Not what I wanted to throw $500 toward this week, but sure beats $1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts