Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought it up to our salesman, however, I don't know how long it's going to take for him to get it fixed but I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has any experience with fixing the air vent tabs in their Pilot?

We just bought a used 2017 Elite over the weekend and the right air vent tab on the middle console (above the rear climate and DVD input/outputs) is missing. Now, I can do a quick Google search and find air vent tab replacements for a wide variety of vehicles but I can't seem to find any for a Pilot.

It appears the air vent tabs are just impossible to replace yourself without replacing the entire vent assembly, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought it up to our salesman, however, I don't know how long it's going to take for him to get it fixed but I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has any experience with fixing the air vent tabs in their Pilot?

We just bought a used 2017 Elite over the weekend and the right air vent tab on the middle console (above the rear climate and DVD input/outputs) is missing. Now, I can do a quick Google search and find air vent tab replacements for a wide variety of vehicles but I can't seem to find any for a Pilot.

It appears the air vent tabs are just impossible to replace yourself without replacing the entire vent assembly, or am I missing something?
Did you ever figure out how to replace the vent tab clip? I have a 2019 Elite and sort of the same problem. I have the tab clip that goes into the vent (my kid kicked it off) but it seems impossible to snap it back on. I keep dropping one half of it in the vent because there is no space for me to fit me fingers in there to snap it back into place. It seems that I need to take the entire vent diffuser blade out to snap it back on...not sure what I'm missing here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to replace the vent tab clip? I have a 2019 Elite and sort of the same problem. I have the tab clip (see my pic below) that goes into the vent (my kid kicked it off) but it seems impossible to snap it back on. I keep dropping one half of it into the vent because there is no space for me to fit me fingers in there to snap it back into place. It seems that I need to take the entire vent diffuser blade out to snap it back on...not sure what I'm missing here...
View attachment 152053

1 - 3 of 3 Posts