1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kuhmos' are pretty good tires. They tend to get a bit noisy when they get older in their life. Pay close attention to the star ratings. I tried a new tire for my kia optima, it was some newer tire i have never heard of, but the rating were awesome. I have installed them and must say the tire is rockstar. The treadwear is a bit low, but with the peace of mind of a good all season tire and for the price. I would have no issue spending the money again in 35,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Looking to replace the tires on my 06 Pilot. I have always used the factory Goodyear Integrity but thinking of switching. I have read to older posts, but wanted up to date opinions. Tire Rack has these, any thoughts?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Crugen+HT51&partnum=37TR6HT51&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2006&autoModel=Pilot EX 2wd&autoModClar=

I live in central CA, deal with some rain here and there but no snow.
If you want a Kumho tire and never encounter snow, the HP71 might be a better choice than the HT51 - plus it has a $70 rebate through the end of this month.
If you still want the HT51, then check the price at Walmart.
If you prefer a Goodyear product, the Assurance CS Fuel Max would be a better choice than the Integrity.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I had KH16 on my Accord and they were decent, but it was totaled while the tires were still new, so no idea how they hold up.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Recently put Yokohama Geolandars on our Pilot. So far so good. I think they cost $600 for the installed set with 3 year replacement coverage, after the rebate. No snow but they have seen some heavy rain this month.

·
Registered
171 Posts
+1 for Yokohama.

I've replaced Michelins with Yokohama HTX. I can't tell any difference in noise, ride, anything, wet or dry. I don't worry about snow.

I find Discount Tire service to be exceptional. Those guys have replaced tires for me all over America. Their certificates are the best investment I've ever made. They put me on Yokohamas years ago on other cars (after I scrubbed off a set of Pirellis in less than 30k), and I've always been happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Central Florida and we have plenty of heat and rain. I'm on my second set of Michelin Ms ltx best tires I have ever owned. I got 58k out of the first set and about 35k on the current set and not even half way to the wear indicators. Handle unbelievably in the rain at interstate speeds. Was so impressed with these tires I bought a set for my Dodge ram and I'm experiencing the wear and performance on that vehicle. Yes, they're a little pricey but to me they're absolutely worth it.
BTW my pilot is a 2005 with 180k on the odo.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I replaced my stock Goodyear tires last year (January) with the Pathfinder Sport S AT tires which are made for Discount Tire by Khumo. The P245 70 R16 tires are one size larger than stock but ride just as good if not better, handle all weather thrown at them, have a nice all terrain aggressive look, and really fill in the wheel well visually. The tires also come with a 60K mile warranty at around $100 a tire. I strongly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Recently put Yokohama Geolandars on our Pilot. So far so good. I think they cost $600 for the installed set with 3 year replacement coverage, after the rebate. No snow but they have seen some heavy rain this month.
Wise choice ..on my second set already the tread life does not last long i got about 45k ish ...almost due for another set... these tires handled everything upstate NY tossed at us for the past 2.5 years ..no issues ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put some Michelin Defenders on mine. I like them so far. I had Michelins before and only got about 45k out of them and realized it was because I needed new shocks and struts so check those before spending money on tires. My 07 had about 150k on it and probably needed them 50k miles ago. My rear shocks wouldn't rebound once I pressed them in. Bought new KYB from Rock Auto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts