Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Greetings all. I replaced my original shocks and struts for my 06 Pilotwith a set from 1a auto and they are terrible! They are noisy as heck. I was thinking of buying another set of shocks and just dealing with the front struts. Anyone have any recommendations for the shocks? Don’t want to buy another pair of garbage. Thank you all in advance.
No Bilstein or Koni for the 1st generation Pilot. Boo Hoo. I use KYB which are good enough.

Does anyone have experience with purchasing and installing air bag helper spring inside the rear coil springs like th Firstone Coil-Rite?

Alternatively, has anyone found and installed rear shocks that are wrapped with springs (like for towing). I'm interested in ways to get rid of the rear sag on my pilot, which is not something that is correctable from standard shocks (just replaced with Gabriel shocks as it was due). I really don't want to replace or even remove the rear coil spring. Did this on a 2011 and can't imagine the further issues on a 6 year older Pilot that has been exposed to midwest winters. Thanks!
For towing, consider an equalizing hitch to level out the rear sag. I have a Fastway e2 that I use for towing a r-pod 178, which is about 3000 lbs. Works well. R-pod tongue weight is around 300 lbs. The e2 that I use is rated 600 lbs tongue and 6000 lbs overall weight.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.