Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently shopping ebay for replacement backup sensors for my 2011 Pilot and have a couple questions for Honda Techs or anyone else that knows.

Other than color and bezel angle (to match the contour of the bumper cover) is there a difference in the sensors for a given location? I have found a sensor set that is priced right and very close to the correct color and am considering buying them and swapping bezels with my original sensors so they fit the bumper cover properly. Has anyone tried this? If so how did it work out for you? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

With a bit of luck I was able to resolve my backup sensor issue. My Pilot needed a left sensor. Here is where the luck part came in to the picture. I found a new set of genuine Honda metallic green/grey sensors on Ebay for $30.00. Luckily the set came with two of the correct angle sensors so I scuffed the paint on one of them and hit it with a light coat of (just enough to cover) white paint to match my car. I had questioned whether painting would cause a problem but discovered that the sensor works perfectly. Here are the two main takeaways if you are looking to DIY a backup sensor issue and would rather not order an expensive set from Honda.

(1) Know what angle sensor you need. This number (in degrees) can be found on the back of the bezel on your failed sensor.

(2) Replacement sensors can be successfully painted to match your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts