Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so like I said I replaced my head unit with a double din unit from JVC. I installed all new speakers and a new 5 channel amp to power the speakers and a new Rockford Fosgate 2x10" subwoofer. It all went smooth and it works well, but now my key fob does not work at all and I cant get the car into programming mode. I replaced the batteries and nothing. Im reading that the fob receiver may have been wired into the original radio, is this the case for this year? Can anyone help me out on this? Im installing an adapter to get the steering wheel controls working again, but I really would like to have the fob working. Can I tap into the harness at all if I find the fobs receiver harness? Please help if you guys have faced this. Thanks!

·
Registered
526 Posts
.... Im reading that the fob receiver may have been wired into the original radio, is this the case for this year? Can anyone help me out on this?...
Where did you read that ?

My factory radio was replaced by a Pioneer radio, and the change did not affect FOB.

Radio removal will affect factory Navi tho (in my case it did)

2008 EX-L w/NAVI AWD

·
Registered
744 Posts
Receiver unit is just to the right of the glove box. If you were running new speaker wires into doors, you could easily yank on some of receiver wires.
Get manual pdf here:

The section you want is 22 (body electrical), starting at page 22-272

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you read that ?

My factory radio was replaced by a Pioneer radio, and the change did not affect FOB.

Radio removal will affect factory Navi tho (in my case it did)

2008 EX-L w/NAVI AWD
How funky. I wonder why mine quit. Ill have to see this week when I take it apart again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Receiver unit is just to the right of the glove box. If you were running new speaker wires into doors, you could easily yank on some of receiver wires.
Get manual pdf here:

The section you want is 22 (body electrical), starting at page 22-272
Thanks! Ill take a look!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts