Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is driving me and my wife nuts.

Got the flashing D, determined it was code 25 and replaced the 2nd clutch switch---the one on top of the transmission. I drove it a ton yesterday and today, no issues---shifting seemed fine, RPMs seemed in line, etc. Wife takes it out seems to do okay, until late this night. She said it sputtered, and started flashing D again. Takes it to Autozone, and the closest they can get is saying to clear the code or a bad switch. We're both peeved, and she is supposed to take a trip late Tuesday. We bought it early last year, and have a fairly new battery in it and have kept up on oil changes. This is absolutely maddening to both of us.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Turns out it's an ECM/PCM reset. Any chance you can do this at home?
Disconnect the battery, press the brake pedal and come back a couple minutes later. Should take care of resetting it.

·
Super Moderator
4,106 Posts
This is driving me and my wife nuts.

Got the flashing D, determined it was code 25 and replaced the 2nd clutch switch---the one on top of the transmission. I drove it a ton yesterday and today, no issues---shifting seemed fine, RPMs seemed in line, etc. Wife takes it out seems to do okay, until late this night. She said it sputtered, and started flashing D again. Takes it to Autozone, and the closest they can get is saying to clear the code or a bad switch. We're both peeved, and she is supposed to take a trip late Tuesday. We bought it early last year, and have a fairly new battery in it and have kept up on oil changes. This is absolutely maddening to both of us.
Best to use an OEM part as some have reported issues with non-OEM. Perform an ATF drain & fill with OEM fluids. Many have reported positive results with Valvoline MaxLife ATF

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best to use an OEM part as some have reported issues with non-OEM. Perform an ATF drain & fill with OEM fluids. Many have reported positive results with Valvoline MaxLife ATF
There seems to be some on an off issues with the CEL relating to an O2 sensor, and some misfiring. At this point, we're starting to suspect the ECU might be the root culprit and either needs reprogrammed or replaced.

·
Super Moderator
4,106 Posts
There seems to be some on an off issues with the CEL relating to an O2 sensor, and some misfiring. At this point, we're starting to suspect the ECU might be the root culprit and either needs reprogrammed or replaced.
Post the code(s) that was scanned relating to the O2 sensor. IMO before moving onto the ECU angle, replacing an O2 sensor would be simpler and less costly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
P0842, but it's coming up three in a row. The other is an 83-13. Those are the only codes showing right now while working with AutoZone.

This was from Thurs. We've had it throw codes relating to what I understood to be the post-catalytic converter O2 sensor, but this didn't show this round.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts